International Women’s Day (IWD) is celebrated annually on March 8th, and is a day dedicated to celebrating the achievements of women around the world. It is also an opportunity to recognize the progress that still needs to be made in terms of gender equality.
The workplace can be an important platform for honoring international Women’s Day, as it provides employees with a chance to show their commitment to equal rights and support female colleagues.
Here are 15 beautiful ways organizations can celebrate International Women’s Day (IWD) in the office:
1. Send out cards or notes of appreciation for female colleagues and staff members;
2. Organize a panel discussion featuring inspiring women leaders from different fields;
3. Hang up inspirational quotes from influential women;
4. Bring in lunch and snacks from female-owned businesses;
5. Make a donation to a local charity or organization working for women’s rights;
6. Host an international potluck, encouraging employees to bring dishes from their home countries that celebrate international women’s day;
7. Set up a photo booth with props so employees can take pictures celebrating international women’s day;
8. Have a dress-down day where everyone wears purple to represent solidarity with IWD causes;
9. Organize a book club featuring books written by female authors;
10. Showcase the accomplishments of notable women in the office or ask them to speak at an event or in a webinar;
11. Sponsor a movie night featuring international films that tell the stories of inspiring women;
12. Put on a workshop to teach employees about international laws and policies related to gender equality;
13. Organize an international Women’s Day lunch-and-learn event, where female colleagues can share their experiences and perspectives on workplace issues;
14. Provide financial support for professional development opportunities for female employees; and
15. Set up an IWD employee recognition program to celebrate the accomplishments of all your female colleagues throughout the year.
These are just some of the ways organizations can recognize international Women’s Day in the office, honoring women around the world while also creating a more inclusive, equitable workplace. Celebrating international Women’s Day in the office is an important step toward achieving gender equality in the workplace and beyond.
Happy International Women’s Day!