Easter is a special time of year, when friends and family gather to celebrate the season. With so many delicious treats available during Easter celebrations, it can be difficult to stay healthy while enjoying the festivities.
Here are 15 tips to help ensure you have a happy and healthy Easter:
1. Start your day with a nutritious breakfast– Fill up on eggs, oatmeal, fresh fruit or whole grain toast with nut butter for an energizing start to your day.
2. Enjoy all the flavors of Easter– Don’t miss out on any seasonal treats; just aim for smaller portions and enjoy in moderation.
3. Move around– Take some time out of your Easter weekend to get outside and go for a walk, a bike ride or any other activity that gets your heart pumping.
4. Get creative with egg decorating– Rather than traditional dyeing methods, try painting boiled eggs with non toxic paint or gluing on colorful foam stickers to get creative.
5. Add color to meals– Brighten up any Easter meal by adding colorful fruits and vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, broccoli, and fresh berries.
6. Make healthier versions of treats– Rather than indulging in sugary sweets like candy eggs or chocolate bunnies, opt for natural options such as homemade granola bars or fruit kebabs dipped in yogurt or dark chocolate sauce.
7. Have an Easter picnic– Pack up some light snacks and head outside for a family picnic.
8. Make food with your family- Get in the kitchen and make a healthy meal together! Try out some new recipes or get creative with leftovers.
9. Put limits on sugary drinks– Too much sugar can be unhealthy, so opt for healthier alternatives such as fruit smoothies or juices made from fresh fruits and vegetables.
10. Limit fried foods– Fried foods are full of saturated fats that can raise cholesterol levels, so try to avoid them whenever possible.
11. Host an Easter egg hunt– Hide plastic eggs filled with small treats like stickers, coins, or dark chocolate chips instead of candy eggs for a fun activity that will still satisfy sweet cravings.
12. Enjoy Easter gatherings– Spend quality time with family or friends and find activities that don’t involve food to make the day enjoyable.
13. Make healthy snacks for Easter baskets– Fill up Easter baskets with healthier options such as nuts, dried fruit, popcorn, and nut butter sandwiches instead of candy eggs and chocolate bunnies.
14. Don’t forget your water bottle– Dehydration is common during the spring months so pack a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated on hot days or when out and about at events.
15. Have an egg decorating competition– Get creative by having an egg decorating competition among family members or friends; try making different patterns using colorful vegetables, fruits or natural dyes.
By following these tips, you can have a healthy and happy Easter without compromising on the delicious flavors of the season. Enjoy!