The women’s cricket match of the Asian Games has already finished. In the Asian final match, India beat Sri Lanka by 19 runs to win the gold. The Indian women’s cricket team won the gold medal by defeating the Sri Lankan women’s cricket team.
This is the second time the Indian team has bagged the gold medal in the Asian Games 2023.
The Indian women’s cricket team defeated Sri Lanka in the final of the ongoing Asia Games in Hangzhou. Faced with a lot of batting challenges, the Indian women’s cricket team managed to score only 116 runs for seven wickets which was a cause for fear for the Indians but that run proved enough in the end. India won by just nineteen runs against Sri Lanka in a hard-fought, low-scoring final on a challenging pitch last Monday.
Highlights of the Asian Final Cricket Match
- Star of the match Titus Sadhu who is just four days away from her 19th birthday delivered an outstanding performance in this final match.
- Man of the Match Titus was instrumental in restricting Sri Lanka to 97 for eight in twenty overs.
- Sri Lanka lost three wickets in the first two overs thanks to Tita Sadhu’s quick and accurate length deliveries.
- The Sri Lankan captain and their best batsman were dismissed for twelve runs.
- It was a smart decision for the Indian captain Harmonpreet to bat first for the Indian team.
- The Sri Lankan team, loaded with slow bowlers, struggled to build momentum against the Indian batsmen.
- Smriti Mandana and Jemimah Rodriguez put on a crucial 73-run stand for the second wicket.
- Mandana was in good form but was dismissed for a small mistake.
- Richa Ghosh started well with a six, but she didn’t last long.
Asian Games 2023 Women’s Cricket Medal Winners
The Asian Games T20 women’s cricket tournament started on 19th September and ended on 25th September. India made history in 6 days of sensational cricket matches. The last match was between India vs Sri Lanka and India won the Asian T20 Women cricket 2023.
Asian Games 2023 women’s cricket medal winners:
|Sri Lanka||Silver Medal|