Bangalore city is known as the Silicone Valley of India and some of the biggest Indian tech giants are based out of this place. One however also needs to realize that the city is on the Deccan Plateau and that has made sure that the surroundings of this place are blessed with mesmerizing beauty. It is a place, which nature enthusiasts, adventure junkies, and travel freaks will love. On weekends, there are plenty of places, which you can visit and be close to nature. Here are six exciting places, which you can visit on a one day trip from Bangalore. You will love these spots and let us discuss the detail.
Bannerghatta National Park
It is closest from Bangalore and the distance is only 21 km. This park is spread over 260.5 sq Km and is home to plenty of animals and birds. There is a crocodile farm, snake parks, and butterflies.
- Distance from Bangalore- 21 Kms
- Location– Bangalore Urban district
- Activities- boating, safari
- Timings- 9.30 to 5 pm
It is a small water reservoir but a perfect spot to visit if you are looking for a break from the hectic city life. It is a nice place to visit if you are looking for team-building activities. The location is also perfect for thrilling water sports like kayaking and rafting.
- Distance from Bangalore-36 km
- Location- Ramanagara District
- Activities- kayaking & rafting
- Best time to visit- November to March
A stay at this place can be classified as amongst the extraordinary stays of India. It is a hidden paradise and you can see fantastic views of the landscape. It is nice to witness the sunrise, sunset with the beautiful hills as the backdrop. It is a romantic place and an ideal honeymoon getaway.
- Distance from Bangalore- 61 Km
- Location- Chikkaballapur District
- Activities– Cycling, Biking, Paragliding
- Best time to visit- August to March
This is a place, which should satisfy adventure freaks. It is one and a half hours from Bangalore and there is plenty to do here. It is a spot ideal for trekking, rappelling, adventure camps, cave exploration, kayaking, coracle rides, and bouldering. One can also play mud kabaddi, badminton, and volleyball.
- Distance from Bangalore- 50 Km
- Location- Ramanagara District
- Best time to visit- November to February
- Activities- Trekking, Camping
This is a small hilltop and located at an altitude of 1712 meters above sea level. It is a perpetual spring that flows through the mountains from where it derives its name. It is a spot for trekking and cave exploring.
- Distance from Bangalore- 67 Km
- Location — Kolar district
- Best time to visit- October to March
- Activities- cave exploration, rock climbing
This place offers the ultimate experience for trekkers. There are two ways to reach the hilltop here. One can take a cemented road or reach the top or by climbing a flight of stairs cut out of a rock. The Bear Rock is the highlight feature of this place.
- Distance from Bangalore- 92 Km
- Location- Yerramaranahalli
- Best time to visit- October to February
- Activities— Trekking, Hiking
These are six popular spots to visit on a short trip from Bangalore. These spots easily fall under the great Indian homestays and there is plenty of adventure. These are perfect escape spots, if you looking to escape from the hustle bustle of Bangalore city life.