The 10th season of the Indian Super League started on the 21st of September. Recently the organizers released the ISL 2023 to 2024 schedule till December of the year.
The ISL season opener between Bengaluru FC and Kerala Blasters was hosted at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Kochi.
The Kolkata Derby between East Bengal and Mohun Bagan will be played on October 28 in Kolkata. All ISL matches will start at 8 PM.
.The fourth match of the ISL was played between NorthEast United and Mumbai City on 24 September at the Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium in Guwahati.
The match was played at 8 PM IST. The game was streamed live on Jio Cinemas.
Mumbai City FC Squad
- Furba Lochenpa
- Mohammad Nawaz
- Bhaskar Roy
- When Prakash
- Rahul Deke
- Mahtar sing
- Sanjib stalin’
- Rostin Griffiths
- Akash Mishra
- Bikram Pratap Singh
- Bipin Singh
Northeast United Squad
- Deepesh Chouhan
- Khoiram Jackson
- Ashir After
- Buanthanglun Samte
- Gaurav Bora
- Hira Mondal
- Miguel Abaco
- Dinesh Singh
- Tondonba Ngasepam
- Huidrom Thoi Singh
- Parthib Sundar
After a successful Durand Cup campaign, Northeast and Mumbai City have been spotted in ISL 2023. After a hard-fought battle, Mumbai City beat North East to win.
According to a post by the Mumbai City Fan Club on Twitter :
“FT: NEUFC 1⃣-2⃣ MCFC
Off to the perfect start to our #ISL10 campaign! 💥
Díaz’s brace on opening night gives us all 3⃣ points in #NEW MCFC ”
Highlights of Mumbai City vs. Northeast ISL:
- 3 minutes before the start of the match, both teams sing the national anthem and take their respective positions after saluting each other.
- Right from the kick-off, both teams showed excellent game tactics.
- Despite twenty minutes of gameplay, neither side managed to score a single goal as the goalkeepers made some great saves.
- The real thrill of the game started 30 minutes after the start of the game when Mumbai City managed to manage with a lot of difficulty with a goal by Jorge Diaz against Northeast.
- The defending champions took the lead but North East were not far behind as Gogoi scored a goal against Mumbai just five minutes later at 8:35.
- Akash Mishra was shown a yellow card for the foul.
- A very tight battle continued with 45 minutes to play i.e. at 8:42 Mumbai City lead by another goal.
- North-East repeatedly tried to get back into the game by counter-attacking but failed.
- Another great chance for Mumbai City at 8:49 but the North east goalkeeper saves well.
- Mumbai City defenders lead at halftime.
- At 9:20 the scoreboard remained the same. After a hard try, chhangte North East continued to defend well.
- At the last minute of play at 10:05 Mumbai City lead the same scoreboard and beat North East.
- An excellent battle was had between these two teams, the first half of the game being scored and in the next half only defending each other.