The Indian Premier League (IPL) has had a rich history of some of the most talented batsmen across the world. These batsmen have displayed their talent and skill with both bat and ball, providing exciting entertainment for cricket fans all over the world. Here is a list of the top 15 dangerous batsmen in IPL history:
1. Virat Kohli – The captain of Royal Challengers Bangalore, Virat Kohli is considered one of the best batsman in modern day cricket. He has been consistent with his performances in IPL and has scored more than 5000 runs in this format alone.
2. Rohit Sharma – This explosive Mumbai Indians skipper holds many batting records under his belt for being an aggressive opener. He holds the record of most centuries (four), highest individual score (109*), and he is also the only batsman to have scored three consecutive centuries in the IPL.
3. Suresh Raina – The former Chennai Super Kings skipper, Suresh Raina is known as one of the best T20 batsman in world cricket currently. With more than 5000 runs under his belt, Raina has been consistent with his performances throughout his tenure with CSK.
4. Shikhar Dhawan – One of the most destructive batsmen in IPL history, Shikhar Dhawan has earned himself a reputation for playing match winning knocks for Delhi Capitals and Sunrisers Hyderabad. He also holds the record of being the fastest batsman to score 5000 runs in IPL history.
5. Chris Gayle – The West Indian superstar is a destructive force with the bat and has often been referred to as one of the most dangerous batsmen in IPL history. His style of batting has made him a fan favorite and he holds many records including highest score by an individual in IPL (175*).
6. David Warner – Another explosive left-handed batsman, David Warner was an integral part of Sunrisers Hyderabad for many years before his move to Delhi Capitals this season. He holds many batting records including most fifty plus scores (56) and most fours (696).
7. AB de Villiers – The South African skipper known as ‘Mr 360’ is one of the most destructive batsmen in IPL history. His ability to score runs all around the ground makes him very dangerous and he holds many records including the fastest fifty (21 balls) and fastest century (43 balls).
8. MS Dhoni – The former Chennai Super Kings skipper, MS Dhoni is an aggressive middle-order batsman who can turn a game on its head with his cameo innings. He has scored more than 4000 runs in this format alone and also holds the record for most sixes by an individual in IPL (204).
9. Robin Uthappa – Known as ‘The walking six machine’, Robin Uthappa has been a consistent performer in IPL for many years. He is a right-handed batsman who likes to take on the bowlers with his aggressive batting style and holds the record for most runs scored in a single season (733).
10. Gautam Gambhir – The former Kolkata Knight Riders skipper, Gautam Gambhir was an integral part of their title winning campaigns in 2012 and 2014. He was known for his ability to control an innings with his calm temperament and he also holds many records including most fours by an individual in IPL (595)
11. Shreyas Iyer – One of the most talented batsmen in IPL today, Shreyas Iyer has been one of the key players for Delhi Capitals. He is an aggressive middle-order batter who likes to take on the bowlers and he holds many records including highest score by an Indian player in IPL (93*).
12. Steve Smith – The former Rajasthan Royals skipper, Steve Smith is a destructive batsman known for his ability to play shots all around the ground. He has scored more than 2000 runs in this format alone and also holds the record for most centuries by an individual (three).
13. Yusuf Pathan – The former Kolkata Knight Riders batsman, Yusuf Pathan was known for his explosive batting style. He is the only batsman to score two centuries in IPL and he also holds many records including most sixes by an individual (174).
14. Virat Kohli – The current Indian skipper, Virat Kohli has been a consistent performer in the IPL over the years. He is one of the best T20 players in the world today and holds many records including highest average by any batsman in IPL history (37.84).
15. Rohit Sharma – The current Mumbai Indians skipper, Rohit Sharma is known as one of the most dangerous opening batsmen in this format. He has scored more than 4000 runs in this format alone and also holds many records including most centuries by an individual in IPL (four).
These 15 batsmen have made a name for themselves in the IPL for their explosive batting styles, and are considered to be some of the most dangerous batsman ever to grace this tournament. They have made it possible for cricket fans all over the world to witness some thrilling T20 action every season.