Stroke is not a disease, stroke is a tragedy in life that happens suddenly and people can lose their life. Many people have no idea about stroke, what should be done in case of stroke, how life can be saved through quick treatment. Brain damage is severe and you can prevent brain damage if you treat it quickly.
What is Stroke?
If the blood supply to the brain is interrupted, stroke occurs in about 40 percent of cases, this blood clot is caused by the artery. Stroke does not depend on your lifestyle. If the arteries in your body are suddenly interrupted or damaged and blood clots form, you can suffer from stroke. Without good blood supply, the brain does not get oxygen which causes stroke.
Let’s learn the Warning signs and symptoms of stroke so you can take action quickly and possibly save a life.
Symptoms Of Stroke
There are no different symptoms regardless of male and female. The symptoms that occur in men are the same in women.
- Sudden numbness or weakness in the face or hands, legs, especially on one side of the body.
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking.
- Sudden eye problems Blurred vision.
- Loss of balance or lack of coordination with the body.
- Sudden dizziness and lightheadedness.
- Onset of severe headache and nausea.
Consult a doctor immediately if you or someone else notices these symptoms.
Stroke treatment is only possible if you can be treated within three hours of the stroke. If it is too late, the stroke victim may not be eligible for treatment. Note the time when the first symptoms appeared. This time helps health care providers determine the best treatment for each individual.
If you are not sure whether the person has had a stroke or some other disease, you can quickly do some tests :
- Ask the person to laugh and see if one side of his face is drooping. If you see everything is normal, then you can understand that the person is not having a stroke, but if one side of the face droops, it becomes a matter of concern.
- Ask the person to move both hands up and down to see if both hands are working properly. If one of the person’s arms is not working properly then you can think that he has suffered a stroke.
- Ask the person to repeat the sentences you say, see if he are slurring while talking.
If you see any of these symptoms, contact the hospital immediately without delay.
Warings you will receive starting one week before the stroke
We all look forward to small wounds on our body or minor body aches and pains. But these small symptoms are warning us that there is a much bigger danger ahead. If we understand the warning, we can save our lives and stay healthy. But if we fail to understand the warning, we have to pay a lot.
- Headaches will start, gradually turning into severe headaches.
- The eyes will suddenly blur and you will have blurred vision.
- Reluctance to eat and bloating after eating.
Stay aware and stay healthy. Awareness is the key to wellness. If you notice any symptoms of stroke, get medical treatment immediately, you can save your life and the life of any other person with symptoms.