India vs. Pakistan Asia Cup was held in Colombo on Monday 11th September 2023. Sunday’s match was unfortunately postponed to 147/2 due to rain and was moved to Reserve Bath and played on Monday. Openers Rohit Sharma and Shubman Gill scored crucial half-centuries before being dismissed quickly. The start was delayed because the field was wet before kick-off at 4:40 in the afternoon.
The India vs. Pakistan match on Sunday got off to a great start but due to rain, the reserves were shifted again on 11th September with Virat Kohli and KL Rahul starting at 147/ 2. The pair gave India a huge stack of 365/2 in 50 overs with Virat and KL Rahul both coming back unbeaten after scoring respective centuries. India gave Pakistan tough targets, which became a huge liability for Pakistan to cover.
Is Pakistan able to fulfill the target at all? No Pakistan lost by 239 runs to India in a humiliating manner. Due to the weather conditions, something new was seen in this tournament as the ACC announced a reserve day. The India vs. Pakistan match was watched live on Hotstar and no matter how much the rain played hide and seek, it could not be stopped. The game started in the pouring rain.
Highlights of India vs. Pakistan Asia Cup 2023 :
- Due to rain again, the start of the game was delayed.
- Pakistan won the toss and elected the ball first.
- Pakistan lost the third Super Four match of 2023 by 228 runs to India in a humiliating manner.
- Batting first, India set a score of 365 runs.
- Virat Kohli completed the 47th century and is considered the fastest player.
- Pakistan captain Babar Azam said his team was not good. He was surprised that the batsmen attacked their bowlers from the start and credited KL Rahul and Virat Kohli for finishing well.
- A Pakistani player was injured.
India vs Pakistan Special Tweets
Sachin Tendulkar is optimistic about India and he tweeted
“Hope the sun ☀ ️ shines as bright in Colombo today too! #IND vs. PAK