When it comes to soccer players, there are some names that stand out as the best in the world. From their incredible skill and ability to their work ethic and leadership abilities, these players have pushed themselves to greatness.
Here is a list of the top 10 best soccer players in the world today:
1. Lionel Messi – The Argentinian forward has proven himself one of the greatest ever with his consistent performance for Barcelona. He has won countless awards including six Ballon d’Ors, more than any other player in history. He possesses exceptional dribbling skills, impressive passing accuracy and great finishing ability.
2. Cristiano Ronaldo – The Portuguese superstar has also achieved greatness with both Manchester United and Real Madrid over the years. He has won the Ballon d’Or five times and is widely regarded as one of the best players of all-time. Ronaldo is known for his incredible speed, agility and athleticism on the pitch.
3. Neymar Jr – The Brazilian forward is a standout talent in world football with PSG and Brazil’s national team. He has an array of tricks up his sleeve to dazzle opponents with skillful dribbling, clinical finishing and amazing vision on the ball.
4. Kylian Mbappé – Already considered one of the best players in the world at just 21 years old, Mbappe is poised to take over from Messi and Ronaldo as soccer’s next superstar. His exhilarating pace and skill make him a nightmare for defenders.
5. Kevin de Bruyne – The Belgian midfielder is one of the most integral parts of Manchester City’s success over the last few years. His intelligence to pick out passes, technical ability and goalscoring potential make him one of the best players in the Premier League.
6. Virgil van Dijk – The Dutch defender is widely considered to be the best centre-back in the world right now due to his robust defending and aerial prowess. He has become a leader at Liverpool, marshalling their defence with authority and consistency.
7. Robert Lewandowski – The Polish striker has been prolific for Bayern Munich over recent seasons, scoring 47 goals in 49 appearances during 2019/20. His clinical finishing, strength and technique make him a threat to any defence in the world.
8. Luka Modric – The Croatian midfielder is one of the most decorated players in football today having won the Ballon d’Or in 2018. He has been an integral part of Real Madrid’s success over recent years with his passing range, creativity and tough tackling ability.
9. Sergio Ramos – As one of the longest-serving captains at Real Madrid, Ramos has established himself as a legendary defender due to his strong aerial presence, leadership qualities and goalscoring ability from set pieces.
10. Mohamed Salah – The Egyptian forward’s lightning pace and impressive trickery have helped establish him as one of the leading forwards in world football. His goalscoring record at Liverpool speaks for itself, having scored over 20 goals in each of his three full seasons with the club.
These players have earned their spots on this list due to their incredible talents and contributions to the game of soccer. They will continue to be an inspiration for aspiring players around the world and will likely stay at the top of their respective positions for years to come.